As a guide here are the Visa and Passport photo requirements that need to be met for your application to be accepted.
- You must make sure photos for your passport or visa meet all the rules – your application might be delayed if you don’t.
- Check your application form to see how many photos you need to provide.
Your photos must be professionally printed and 45 millimetres (mm) high by 35mm wide – the standard size used in photo booths in the UK. Standard sizes in photo booths outside the UK can be different – make sure you get the right size.
You can’t use photos that have been cut down from larger pictures.
Your photos must be:
- in colour on plain white photographic paper
- taken against a plain cream or light grey background
- taken within the last month
- clear and in focus
- without any tears or creases
- unmarked on both sides (unless a photo needs to be countersigned)
- unaltered by computer software
The image of you
Your photos must show a close-up of your full head and shoulders. It must be only of you with no other objects or people.
The image of you – from the crown of your head to your chin – must be between 29mm and 34mm high (see example below).
Your photos may be rejected unless they show you:
- facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- with a neutral expression and your mouth closed
- without anything covering the face
- in clear contrast to the background
- without a head covering (unless it’s worn for religious or medical reasons)
- with eyes open, visible and free from reflection or glare from glasses
- with your eyes not covered by sunglasses, tinted glasses, glasses frames or hair
- without any ‘red eye’
- without any shadows in the picture
If you’d like to find out more about our express visa/passport service call us on 01635 278178.